9/8/14

Employee Spotlight


Each month we will feature two employees at Genera Solutions to get to know them better. Our two employees for September are Liz C. and Sealy!

We see our co-workers on a daily basis, but may not always get the chance to engage or get to know them like we want. Our employee spotlights allow us to get to know each other on a deeper basis!

What are your favorite hobbies?
Decorating, Gardening, Dancing, Event Planning and Photography.

Is there one quote that you live by?
"Laughter in Timeless. Imagination has no age, Dreams are forever."
-Walt Disney

What is your favorite movie?
Hmm seems odd from a Catholic school girl but it’s …The Exorcist.

What is your favorite restaurant in Charlotte and what do you like the order there?
Serendipity…opps -- wrong State, Can you tell my Heart is still in New York. In Charlotte, The Capital Grill. I skip the main course just to have my favorites, Love their Pan Fried Calamari with Hot Cherry Peppers & finish it off with a sweet tooth of Coconut Cream Pie.

Who is your favorite sports team?
NY Yankees (of Course)

Is there one quote that you live by?
 “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”
It’s often difficult for me to remember this (especially when I’m sitting in traffic on 485).

What is your favorite movie?
I have a ton of favorite movies, and it honestly depends on the day what my current favorites are. I actually have an embarrassingly large collection of DVDs (in light of Netflix and Hulu, it’s embarrassing to have so many DVDs). If I’m in the mood for a rom-com, I reach for The Holiday; if I’m in the mood for a psychological thriller, I reach for Shutter Island; if I’m in the mood for a crime film with a bunch of amazing one-liners, I reach for Boondock Saints; or if I’m in the mood for a little bit of everything, I reach for Forrest Gump. I could go on and on…but I’ll stop there. It’s safe to say that I love a large variety of movies.

What is your favorite restaurant in Charlotte and what do you like the order there?
I admittedly don’t eat out as much as I would like, but I recently went to Vine which is located in the area, and I ordered The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich. To say it was amazing wouldn’t do it justice. I felt like I was 5 again while still feeling like an adult (it was a minor existential crisis). I also ordered a side of their Mac and Cheese which was beautifully coated in bread crumbs and served in a mini cast-iron skillet. Fun Fact: I really like cheese. Needless to say, I ate very well for two days after that. 

Who is your favorite sports team?
I’m a Tar Heel born and bred 3 generations back, so I love my Heels, but we have a running joke in my house that says, “I cheer for 2 teams: Carolina, and anyone playing Duke.”

What is one thing you want to do in life that you have not accomplished yet?
I am looking forward to, and working towards, owning my own home. That will likely be the next “grown-up” thing that I do, and I am very excited at the prospect of becoming a homeowner.

No comments:

Post a Comment